What types of coverage can you get on an auto insurance policy?

When you think of the auto insurance you purchase to stay safe while driving on Dallas, TX roads, you might think of the coverage the state requires – property insurance and liability, but you need so much more than that. You need full coverage from Presley Insurance Group, which also includes comprehensive and collision insurance. You can round this out with roadside assistance coverage plus uninsured motorist coverage and personal injury protection (PIP).

Collision pays for the repairs or replacement of the vehicle when your vehicle collides with another vehicle or something like a fence or mailbox. Any stationary or moving, non-living object your vehicle strikes or that strikes your vehicle falls under collision. When you hit a deer or other animal with the vehicle, your comprehensive coverage covers it. Acts of God, such as tornadoes or fire, also fall under this coverage.

Roadside assistance coverage means you have someone to call who will come tow your vehicle whenever any of those accidents happen. This coverage also kicks in when you get a flat tire or run out of gas on the road. Instead of paying out of pocket, you have insurance that covers the charges.

Uninsured motorist coverage ensures that you still receive funds to repair your vehicle or pay medical bills if the vehicle’s driver that caused the accident had no insurance. It also typically covers underinsured drivers, so if the driver that caused the accident only carried the state minimums, but your damages and injuries resulted in much greater bills, this insurance pays for that.

PIP coverage pays for your medical costs regardless of who caused the accident. That means even if you hit a mailbox and hurt yourself, PIP covers your medical bills.

Contact Presley Insurance Group of Dallas, TX to learn more about auto insurance protections. We can help you obtain the coverage you need to stay safer on Texas roads.